While diabetic medications, insulin injection alongside several other tools and resources can help you control blood sugar level only that they are extremely costly, you will be glad to learn that there are natural ways through which you can manage your blood sugar levels in a less expensive manner. Keep in mind the fact that diabetes type 1 is irreversible and not preventable but by simply making healthy changes to your lifestyle, you stand a better chance of reducing the symptoms and complication. Type 2 diabetes on the other hand can not only be prevented but it can also be reversed.
Below is an overview of some key tips to help you reverse diabetes naturally. They include:
- Prevention, one of the most important ways to reduce the risk of being diagnosed with diabetes is by keeping your weight under control. Take note, according to reports, close to 80% of all those previously diagnosed with diabetes are obese. Simply put, obesity is primarily believed to be the lead cause of insulin resisting which in turn increases the chances of developing pre – diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
- Maintaining a healthy diet, immediately after being diagnosed with diabetes, it is strongly advised that you find out the best way to reverse the effects naturally through your diet. Just so you know, your diet is at the very heart of any diabetes treatment plan. Take note, the elements of your diet which directly impact your blood sugar levels include sugar and carbohydrates which are usually turned into glucose by the body after which they are released into the blood.
- Exercising – assuming you have already established that your blood sugar level is high, one of the best ways to lower it is by exercising. Doing this is very important since it serves as a guarantee to reverse diabetes naturally. What’s more, exercising has several benefits for the general body health as well as the mind and spirit. having been diagnosed with diabetes, exercising will go a long way in helping improve the sensitivity of the cells in the body to insulin which is what is responsible for promoting the movement of glucose from the blood cells to where it is required.
- Reducing or completely eliminating food items which contain saturated fats. Doing this is very important since saturated fats have been found to significantly increase the risk of heart disease. for people with diabetes hence already vulnerable to heart disease saturated fats ca only serve to make the situation worse than it already is.
- Adding cinnamon to your diet as certain compounds present in cinnamon have been found to have the capacity of lowering blood sugar level by helping the body cells absorb glucose.
- Learning how to effectively manage stress in your life. Doing this is very important since stress has been found to easily raise the blood sugar level since it prompts the release of stress hormones. Take note, stress can also affect your blood sugar levels indirectly since it can cause overheating and lack of exercise.
In addition to the above, it is strongly advise that you also serious consider changing your mindset as it will allow you to change your lifestyle for the better. You should also consider adding nutritional supplements containing vitamins D, C and E as well as minerals such as magnesium, calcium and zinc as part of your diet.